We provide a full range of services for understanding, analysing and providing integrated solutions for cities and communities.
We start with the need to provide mobility for citizens and business, to contribute to meeting overarching objectives related to economy, environment and quality of life. But uniquely we do not stop there. We add insights from our wide range of skills and experience to relate mobility issues to the wider picture.
For example, mobility problems for a particular community might be focused around a specific transport issue - such as the lack of public transport or congestion, but the causes of these transport problems can be traced back to much wider concerns, perhaps that governance is not arranged as effectively as it might be, so people's needs are being overlooked, or that the governance is right but funding is not prioritised properly.
We can help policy and decision makers to look behind what are presented as 'transport problems' but what in reality have deeper causes.
We do this by:
- Advising on and reviewing transport, land use and economic plans
- Advising on effective forms of governance, delivery and funding
- Working with clients, politicians, stakeholders and professionals to create a common vision and to establlsh 'consent' to an agreed way forward
- Creating a policy framework that distils key policy objectives and allows specific projects to be thoroughly and objectively assessed - before cash is spent unnecessarily on detailed appraisal of projects or initiatives that are unlikely to be top contributors to partnership objectives
- Creating investment plans and work programmes of priority projects and initiatives
We are able to bring a unique perspective to this because of our integrated approach and varied experience in public and private sectors as well as academic institutions. Our work is always supported by appropriate research, but based in more practical on the ground experience of working in partnerships and delivering change.
Our Strategic Advice Projects
|Edinburgh Local Transport Strategy||City of Edinburgh Council||Completed||Edinburgh, UK|
|Northern Way Regional Growth Strategy||Completed||North East England, UK|
|Humber Economic Partnership||Humber Economic Partnership||Completed||Humber, UK|
|Delivering a Sustainable Transport System||East of England RDA||Completed||East of England, UK|
|Greater Toronto Transportation Authority Regional Transport Plan||Metrolinx||Completed||Toronto, Canada|
|San Diego Downtown Review||Completed||San Diego, U.S.A.|